Quality music education in the schools integrates fundamental musical activities and presents them in a sequential, pedagogically sound curriculum. The processes of creating, performing, and responding to music are interwoven throughout a balanced and complete music program.
The ultimate goal of my fine arts curriculum is to enable students to be proficient creators, performers, critics, listeners, and observers of the arts. Students who attain academic standards in the fine arts will be able to use the arts to think and learn independently, know themselves and the world around them, and communicate in the art forms studied. Our goals in music class are to:
- value music
- become confident in one’s musical abilities
- communicate in and through music
- develop one’s musical skills
- exhibit knowledge of the historical and cultural backdrop of music
- exhibit ability to critique performances